What’s the perfect anniversary? There is no correct answer. For the Momster household, a super-duper wonderful anniversary may not look quite like your picture perfect day… but we just celebrated a pretty nice one.
As a side note, I’m not sure how I can possibly be married for 6 years since I’m “only 22” and I got married when I was 22 (cue sarcasm). What made our anniversary a pretty great day? Let me give you the run down.
- The entire family was together … yes, we were crammed into a relatively small hotel room, but together is TOGETHER and that’s never boring
- We ate free, yes FREE breakfast at our hotel
- We could walk to the Dunkin Donuts for some coffee that was ACTUALLY caffeinated
- We took two trips to the pool (which by all accounts was nice and clean and relatively quiet) and our oldest (who wouldn’t dip his feet in the water when the day started) was jumping in (into our arms of course) by the end of the day … and he decided he wants to take swimming lessons (cue angels singing!)
- Both boys took their afternoon naps AT THE SAME TIME and we weren’t driving in a car … see, it WAS a special day!
- We ate delicious Mexican food for lunch … AND for dinner … hell, it was some damn good Mexican food
- We had ice cream for dessert. Need I say more?
- We fell asleep watching Batman, The Dark Knight … not exactly a romantic comedy but it’s fancier than what we usually get on our $7 cable package at home, and I already knew the ending so I didn’t get nearly as stressed out as the last time I watched it (Side note, this was the first movie we took our oldest to in the theatre — I spent the majority of the movie watching through the window from the hallway because it was too loud and scary! Whoops, rookie mommy move!)
Happy Anniversary to my bestest friend and SuperDad! I love you!